Skip to main content

ARM logoARM logo
We do it better
 
 
 
 
 
 

ARM Coal

Goedgevonden Coal Mine (GGV)

The Goedgevonden Mine (GGV) is situated in the Witbank Coalfield about 7km south of the town of Ogies in Mpumalanga province, South Africa. ARMís attributable beneficial interest in Goedgevondenís operations is 26%. The other 74% is held by Xstrata.

Management Governed by a management committee, controlled by ARM Coal, with four ARM representatives and three Glencore representatives. Operational management of the mine is contracted to Glencore.
Resources* (100% basis) 568 million tonnes
Reserves
(100% basis)
206 million tonnes
ARMís economic interest 26.01%
Total labour 1 090 employees, including 203 contractors

Operational statistics

(100% basis) F2016 F2015 %change
Total saleable production million tonnes 6.53 8.34 (22)
Total thermal coal sales million tonnes 6.90 8.26 (16)
Export thermal coal sales million tonnes 3.91 5.16 (24)
Eskom thermal coal sales million tonnes 2.99 3.10 (4)
Average price received        
Export (FOB) US$/t 40.99 54.97 (25)
Eskom (FOR) R/t 235.95 208.36 13
On mine saleable cost per tonne R/t 239.00 188.90 27
Cash operating profits R million 783 1 606 (51)
Operating margin % 26 41  
Capital expenditure R million 870 1 011 (14)

Attributable profit analysis

     
      F2016
F2015 % change
Cash operating profit attributable to ARM R million 204 418 (51)
Less: Interest paid R million (183)

(150)

(22)
Amortisation R million (128) (120) (7)
fair value adjustments R million (15) (19) (21)
Profit before tax R million (122) 129 (195)
Tax R million 35 (36) 197
Headline (loss)/earnings attributable to ARM R million (87) 93 (194)

Coal division

Coal Division map

Coal division map


Partner companies

Xstrata Coal South Africa

www.xstrata.com



African Rainbow Minerals © 2017 | Site map | Contact us | Disclaimer