Skip to main content

ARM logoARM logo
We do it better
 
 
 
 
 
 

ARM Platinum

Two Rivers Platinum Mine

The mine is located near the town of Steelpoort, in the province of Mpumalanga, on the eastern limb of the Bushveld Complex. The operation comprises an underground mine consisting of the Main Decline, the North Decline and a concentrator plant. ARM’s attributable beneficial interest in the Two Rivers operation is 55%. The other 45% is held by Impala Platinum.

Management Managed by ARM.
Resources and
Reserves
(100% basis)
Measured & Indicated Resources Proved & Probable Reserves
Mt g/t 6E Mt g/t 6E Moz
UG2 72.76 5.13 43.25 3.56 4.95
Merensky 60.57 3.11 – – –
6E = Platinum + Palladium + Rhodium + Ruthenium + Iridium + Gold
Refining All metal in concentrate produced is sold to an Implats subsidiary, Impala Refining Services Limited (IRS).
Total labour 3 406 employees, including 999 contractors

Operational statistics

100% Basis   F2013 F2014 F2015 F2016 % change
Metal production
Platinum Ounces 162 182 175 065 173 544 185 856 7
Palladium Ounces 98 635 102 686 101 967 110 943 9
Rhodium Ounces 28 664 30 993 30 645 33 098 8
Gold Ounces 2 249 2 473 2 506 2 695 8
Ruthenium Ounces 47 696 51 432 51 815 55 110 6
Iridium Ounces 11 019 12 033 12 116 13 020 7
PGMs Ounces 6E 350 443 374 681 372 592 400 722 8
Nickel Tonnes 555 566 584 648 11
Copper   242 249 267 308 15
Chrome concentrate sold Tonnes 160 951 240 411 283 765 18
Operational statistics      
Tonnes milled Mt 3.17 3.28 3.36 3.51 4
Head grade g/t 6E 4.02 4.01 3.98 4.06 2
Average number of permanent employees Number 2 410 2 329 2 398 2 407 -
Average number of contractors Number 1 296 1 087 889 999 12
Financial indicators            
Cash cost R/tonne 493 579 602 642 8
Cash cost R/Pt oz 10 205 11 331 11 271 12 125 5
Cash cost R/PGM oz 6E 4 779 5 244 5 266 5 624 5
Cash cost R/kg 6E 153 642 168 594 169 314 180 802 5
Basket price R/kg 6E 279 804 298 384 330 214 320 977 (6)
Net sales revenue R million 2 336 2 868 3 671 3 917 7
Cash operating cost R million 1 530 1 838 1 973 2 253 13
Cash operating profit – Total R million 788 1 011 1 486 1 356 (4)
Cash operating profit – PGMs R million 788 1 011 1 424 1 226 (3)
Cash operating margin – Chrome R million – – 62 130 (12)
Cash operating margin % 34 35 40 35  
Capital expenditure R million 467 498 317 282 2

Platinum division

Platinum Division map

Platinum division map


Partner company

Impala Platinum

www.implats.com


ARM Platinum gallery

ARM Platinum gallery ARM Platinum gallery ARM Platinum gallery

ARM Platinum gallery



African Rainbow Minerals © 2017 | Site map | Contact us | Disclaimer